Red signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control, and the opponent to stay away.
The pattern, Toi-Gye, Is the pen name of the noted scholar Yi Hwang (16th century), an authority on neo-Confucianism.
The 37 movements of the pattern refer to his birthplace on the 37th degree of latitude, and the diagram represents "scholar".
- Upset Fingertip (Dwijibun Sonkut)
- Flat Fingertip (Opun Sonkut)
- Upset Fingertip Thrust (Dwijibun Sonkut Tulgi)
- Forearm "W" Shape Block (Paka Palmo San Maki)
- "X" Fist Pressing Block Kyocha (Joomuk Noollo Maki)
- Double Forearm Pushing Block (Dool Palmo Miro Maki)
All previous terminology can be tested as well as the terminology relevant to your grade.
Contact me today, in Broxburn, West Lothian, to sign up to my martial arts academy.