Red belt signifies danger; this belt cautions students to exercise control while warning opponents to keep away.
The pattern, Hwa-Rang, is named after the Hwa-Rang youth group which originated in the Silla Dynasty in the early 7th century. The 29 movements refer to the 29th Infantry Division, where Taekwon-Do developed into maturity.
- Vertical Stance (Soojik Sogi) the width is one shoulder width
- Close Ready Stance C (Moa Junbi Sogi C)
- Side Elbow (Yop Palkup Tulgi)
- Palm Pushing Block (Sombadah Miro Maki)
- Upset Punch (Ollyo Jirugi)
- Knifehand Downward Strike (Sonkal Naeryo Taerigi)
- Side Elbow Thrust (Yop Palkup Tulgi)
Extra questions you may be asked.
- What are the two purposes of a stance?
- What is a vital spot?
- What is the purpose of 2 against 1 sparring?
- Name all hand/foot parts you know?
- What is the height of the first move in Do-san?
- What Is the first move in Yul-Gok for?
- What does sang makgi block?
All previous terminology can be tested as well as the terminology relevant to your grade.
Contact me today, in Broxburn, West Lothian, to sign up for my martial arts academy.