Black belt signifies the opposite to white, therefore signifying maturity and proficiency in Tae Kwon-Do. It indicates the wearer's imperviousness to darkness and fear.
The pattern, Choong Moo, was the name given to the great Admiral Yi Soon-Sin of the Yi Dynasty. He was reputed to have invented the first armoured battleship (Kobukson) in 1592, which is said to be the precursor of the present day submarine. The reason why this pattern ends with a left hand attack is to symbolize his regrettable death, having no chance to show his unrestrained potentiality checked by the forced reservation of his loyalty to the king. The pattern consists of 30 moves.
- 1-Step Sparring (Ilbo Matsogi)
- One Leg Stance ( Wae Bal Sogi)
- Checking Block – Momchau Makgi
- Downward Block – Naeryo Makgi
- Double Arc Hand Block – Doo Bandalson Makgi
- Sweeping Kick – Goro Chagi
Contact me today, in Broxburn, West Lothian, to sign up to my martial arts academy.